Sealcoating is our specialty! Let us beautify and protect your investment! Maintain your driveway, parking lot or private road and reap the rewards!
Sealcoating..What is it and What Does it Do?
Sealcoating, seal coating or pavement sealing. Firstly, it provides an extra membrane or layer on top of your asphalt pavement or blacktop. As a result, sealcoating prevents the asphalt from being damaged by the elements and from oxidation with a layer of protection.
Secondly, sealcoat is a mixture of liquids, resin polymer and sand that provide protective and restorative qualities for asphalt pavements. Sealcoat is specifically engineered using materials that are commonly used in asphalt paving. It is made up of varying amounts of dissolved asphalt, mineral fillers, and water, and is applied as a spray or with a squeegee.
When sealcoat is applied to the surface of pavement, it helps replenish some of the depleted asphalt material and binder that has dried up over time.
Benefits of Sealcoating:
Sealcoating your asphalt parking lot, private road or driveway has many benefits! These benefits will end up saving you lots of money and you will not have to repave your asphalt driveway, parking lot or road as frequently! Sealcoating is a preventative maintenance service for your driveway or parking lot. It is similar to how you stain your deck or paint your home to keep the wood or vinyl from deteriorating from the weather, beautifying it in the process while you protect it.
- Asphalt that is new or newer can be preserved with sealcoating, increasing the resilience of the asphalt surface! It will also help cover small cracks, camoflauge rough spots and even make traffic lines on parking lots look a lot more vibrant and visible. Applied correctly, sealcoat can even possibly make your asphalt driveway appear somewhat cleaner because rain washes dirt and debris more easily away from the smoother, less-porous surface.
Parking Lot and Driveway Sealcoating and Maintenance Benefits:
Sealcoating provides a beautiful dark black surface! It is perfect for paint line striping and other traffic markings on parking lots! Sealcoating the asphalt helps seal over and close the smaller cracks. Small cracks turn into large cracks. Open cracks allow water to seep down under the asphalt, causing further damage and new cracking to occur. The intrusion of moisture into asphalt accelerates its deterioration and is strongly related to asphalt distress.
- The dark black color of freshly applied sealcoat dramatically improves the appearance of asphalt, new and old, which will make your private road, driveway or parking lot look like brand new!
- Sealcoating creates a protective shield for the asphalted pavement and seals it. This further prevents the oxidation and erosion of the top layer! It replaces fine particles lost from the asphalt surface due to oxidation and wear on older pavements.
- Aside from being able to protect your driveway from wear and tear effectively, sealcoating will provide a gorgeous finish to keep your surface looking as good as new over the years. This is a must have for property managers who need to keep their offices and rental properties looking as attractive as possible for new tenants!
More Benefits of Asphalt Maintenance:
- Sealcoating preserves asphalt for pennies per square foot, verses costly asphalt repairs. The price of asphalt paving will usually be affected by crude oil prices. Paving can be very costly! The cost of sealcoating is significantly less compared to the amount needed to repair or replace damaged asphalt. It is around a tenth of the price of paving on average!
- Another benefit of sealcoating, is that it helps protect the asphalt from the sun! It also slows or stops the harmful effects of chemical spills such as oil and gasoline. Both are all too common and quite damaging on a parking lot, private road or driveway. Asphalt sealcoating fills surface voids. This reduces exposure to oxygen and UV rays and reduces the depth to which gas or oil can penetrate. Sealcoating protects the asphalt from being broken apart by chemicals.
Even More Benefits:
- Sealcoating minimizes the rate at which water enters the asphalt, acting as a waterproofing agent. Water from precipitation does not seep into sealcoated and maintained asphalt. This prevents damage from freeze thaw cycles from snow and rain. These cycles are a common reason your driveway or parking lot begins forming new long line cracks. Even worse than that are alligator cracks, which usually need to be cut out and paved over during repair.
- Sealcoating preserves, beautifies and protects your asphalt investment for years! A parking lot, private road or driveway that is part of an asphalt maintenance program will last about eight years longer than one that is not.
- Sealcoating leaves a smooth, clean surface. This is ideal for street or broom sweeping. This can actually lower cleaning costs for a parking lot or road. For a driveway, sealcoating gives your entrance a fresh new look. This is similar to painting your home or business. It has that “wow” effect!
Life Expectancy of Asphalt Parking Lots, Roads and Driveways with Pavement Maintenance:
- A parking lot or private road can last around 20 or even 30 years. (With regularly scheduled maintenance.) The variation in age can be determined by the stability of the sub-grade and the installation quality. But it can also be determined by the frequency and type of maintenance, the climate of the region you’re located in and the drainage. Sealcoating and asphalt maintenance is very important to the longevity of your pavement.
- A private road, driveway or parking lot will last many years longer when properly and professionally maintained.
What types of ongoing pavement maintenance can you expect to perform on an asphalt parking lot?
- Crack Filling or Sealing cracks,
- Patching and Pothole Repair,
- Paint Line Restriping